Technology Bill of Rights - Breathing Space Blog
Technology, say the authors puts independent workers in the driver's seat, so to speak. But it can create such dependency that it may even lead to questioning one's own creativity and capabilities. To keep technology in it's proper perspective, declare your independence;
The Independent Worker's Technology Bill of Rights
1. I am the boss, not my technology.
2. Technology is available to help me express my creativity.
3. I decide when to use the tools technology provides.
4. I have the right to choose what technology to use and what to put aside.
5. I can use technology to stay connected, informed, and productive -- my way.
6. Technology offers a world of information. I get to choose what information
7. Technology will pose problems, but I will be prepared to handle them.
8. Technology can work 24-hour days, but I can choose when to begin and
when to stop working.
9. Technology never needs to rest, but I do.
10. I can work successfully by enforcing my boundary needs.