Eight Tips for Emergency Preparedness - Breathing Space Blog
* Keep fully stocked first aid kits in your home and in your office.
* Maintain a flashlight, fully charged batteries, candles, and matches or a cigarette lighter.
* Store at least five gallons of water sealed tightly in plastic containers.
* Stash away a four to six day supply of non-perishable foods.
* Check your smoke alarm to ensure that it's functional.
* Learn how to shut off the water, electricity, and gas supply to your home and office.
* Keep $300 to 400 on hand in small bills, as well as several rolls of quarters.