Ritual: by Emma Restall Orr - Breathing Space Blog
* In our busy modern schedules, rituals are often seriously lacking. Yet, they can bring richness and meaning to our daily habits.
* We can use rituals to bring the sacred into everyday life.
* A walk through the park or lighting a candle to welcome the day allows us to reconnect with each other and our own psych.
* In an era when many of us live far from our families and most people don’t know their neighbors, rituals offer a feeling of community and belonging.
* Rituals enrich our sense of who we are both individually and collectively.
* Rituals can be easily adapted to suit any event or occasions and fit within any reader’s own spiritual tradition.
* Rituals can be devised to celebrate a marriage, welcome and name a child, deal with grief, deepen our creativity, heighten our sexuality, enhance our mealtimes, and energize our lives throughout the life cycle.