You CAN Overcome Procrastination - Breathing Space Blog
1. Realize that wanting to start on a task is different than deciding to.
2. Relate the underlying meaning of your task to something larger.
3. Don't wait until you're "in the mood." True professionals never do.
4. Recognize that unpleasant tasks are not likely to get more pleasant as time passes.
5. Expect some level of breakdown or backsliding. Progress is not always even; two steps forward and one step back is more often the rule than the exception.
6. Choose someone who can serve as a trailblazer and help you get started.
7. Have somebody waiting for your work.
8. Be forthright with yourself and acknowledge when you're procrastinating, and you'll be that much closer to taking action.